“Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty — a beauty cold and austere, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music." | Betrand Russell
(1) President Abraham Lincoln, who had depression
(2) Writer Virginia Woolf, who had bipolar disorder
(3) Artist Vincent Van Gogh, who had bipolar disorder
(4) Writer Sylvia Plath, who had depression
(5) Mathematician John Nash (from A Brilliant Mind), who had schizophrenia
Inspired by this post
people don’t care about the millions of people with mental illnesses that deal with their condition to the best of their abilities and just live, they just want a story where they can correlate mental illness with violence in order to scare people from talking about mental illness.
I have always felt that the only hope of humans ever coming to fully understand the complexity of their minds is by modeling mental processes on computers and learning from the models’ inevitable failures.